Italian hot chocolate is a sweet treat that is well-liked all over the country. Italian hot chocolate is significantly creamier and thicker than traditional hot chocolate, like a warm pudding . The ingredients include premium chocolate , whole milk, sugar, and occasionally cornflour or flour for thickening.
The end product is a rich , velvety smooth beverage that is frequently served in tiny, espresso- glasses. It is beneficial for a chilly winter day or as a satisfying treat to enjoy a meal. Some individuals like to top their baked goods with whipped cream, cinnamon, or nutmeg to add even more flavour .
Italian hot chocolate is a beloved drink in Italy , and it is also very popular around the world. It is not only a delicious beverage but also a cultural experience that can transport you to the cafes of Italy with just one sip .
- 100gm Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Pour some milk in a saucepan, let it come to a boil, turn off the heat and then add chocolate. Mix thoroughly and let it melt.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar and mix. You can also use a whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add corn slurry (corn starch and milk mixture) and mix well.
- Add the rest of the milk, heat it up for some time to get the desired consistency .
- Pour into a mug, top with some whipped cream and enjoy.
- You can use a whisk to avoid lumps while mixing.
- You can turn on the flame if you feel the mixture is turning cold but don’t let the milk boil.