A fusion dish that combines Indian and Italian cuisine is Butter masala pasta. It is the perfect recipe for pasta lovers who enjoy Indian flavours also because it is creamy, tangy, and just a little bit spicy. Typically, the meal is prepared by tossing cooked pasta in a thick, creamy sauce consisting of tomatoes and seasoned with Indian masalas such as garam masala, turmeric, and cumin. The sauce’s velvety texture and rich flavour are a result of the substantial amounts of butter and cream that are typically used in its preparation .
By adjusting the amount of spice and creaminess , you can customise the dish in your own personal tastes. Adding veggies like capsicum , onions , and mushrooms may enhance the dish’s flavour and nutritional value. For a full dinner, some people like to add paneer or chicken .
Butter masala Pasta is quick and easy to prepare , it takes less than 30 minutes. It is best for a weeknight meal or a special event. The meal is best when served hot with garlic bread or naan on the side .
I know you all have eaten Paneer Butter Masala a lot, but now let’s make Butter Masala pasta. The flavours here are going to blow your mind. It’s buttery, spicy, creamy, and so very delicious. It makes the perfect cozy meal you all need. And also let me tell you it’s creamy but totally vegan. So let’s see how to make it.
What you all need to make butter masala pasta:
- 2 cups of pasta( boiled)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 dried red chillies
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cup pasta water (as per desired consistency)
1. In a pan heat oil. Once hot, add red dried chili, garlic, cashews and chopped onions. Saute until onions are cooked well.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and, mix well. Cover the pan with lid until tomatoes are all mushy and cooked well. This will take 3-4 minutes. Once done let it cool.
3. Add this onion tomato mix in a blender jar and blend until smooth. Keep it aside.
4. In some pan add butter.
5. Once it is hot, add bay leaf, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, dried oregano, and red chilli flakes. Saute for one minute.
6. Add boiled pasta and pasta water. Mix well.
7. Add blende gravy and mix well. Adjust the consistency level accordingly.
8. Sprinkle some more dried oregano, basil and serve hot.